My main goal was to produce a high quality part that is better in comparison to the. This is modern production potentiometer. An exact copy of the original pot, but much better in terms of reliability and quality.
The original on/off switch cap fits the back of this pot, so that the gray on/off switch will be covered (Please see it demonstrated in the attached image). For those of you who are considering altering the unit (drilling holes in the faceplate/chassis for a toggle switch or adding an inline switch by cutting the power cord). Such alteration of the faceplate/chassis or the cord will play a significant role in how much you can sell the unit for in the future!
DO NOT ALTER YOUR UNIT!! Any such alteration will decrease the value of the unit by at least double the amount you spend on this new potentiometer. Down the road you will want to sell the unit and any alteration (such as, mentioned above) will devalue it significantly. Knob fit: Fits all type of knobs (D-shaped or knurled). Many original volume controls that McIntosh used came with huge design flaws: a.
Experience has shown time and again that by now more than 75% of those switches have failed and the other 25% is one foot in the grave. Very often I have customers who tell stories of a receiver turning itself on while the power switch is in off position. The reason for this is the faulty switch that shorts and causes the unit to turn itself on. Now just think about it! What if one is not home when a tube receiver/amp comes live!
By now the majority of 60-year-old volume controls have deteriorated carbon resistance paths. Those must be matched and balanced because they play a huge role in. If a volume pot is unbalanced one speaker will sound louder than the other!Even if one fixes an old switch/pot or buys NOS, the result will be short lived due to huge flows in the design itself. All these issues have been addressed by this volume control. These are high quality factory made potentiometers. I use these controls when restoring customers' McIntosh units. Only positive results and well balanced sound. I see many posts on various forums where people are looking/asking for a good replacement.
I have a limited quantity. Will keep few for myself and help others with this hard to find pot.Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you and let's make your McIntosh sing again!! LED convertion kit -----------> LINK.
Full/Complete restoration kit -----------> LINK. I also have many other controls available. Reasonable price, the item arrived on time.
Was very happy to find this replacement item for my C-20. Excellent 4 section control, tracks perfectly. This item is in the category "Consumer Electronics\Vintage Electronics\Vintage Audio & Video\Vintage Preamps & Tube Preamps". The seller is "hifiaudio*com" and is located in this country: US.This item can be shipped worldwide.